There are so many great things that have been said over the years about overcoming challenges, pushing aside the roadblocks of life, dealing with difficulties. And these are important points of discussion because challenges are all around us. There are challenges with our personal health or in our personal lives. We could have the challenges of dealing with mean or angry individuals at work. It could be the challenge of trying to support a customer but not getting the support of your co-worker. The challenges could be inconsistent communications or ineffective systems and processes. Maybe our challenge is due to our own personal burdens or biases or lack of professional development.
We have these challenges, but to overcome them or push them aside or deal with them, people have to take some action:
- You’re dealing with essentially the same complaints from customers in your office every day. What can you do to reduce the number of those complaints that you have to deal with each day?
- You’ve been given bad directions to a customer’s home 4 times this week – it wasted your time! What can you do to make sure it doesn’t happen 4 times next week?
- You deal with an issue where you’re just not comfortable or confident. What can you do to become more comfortable and more confident?
- The system is not intuitive for you. It takes you much longer to accomplish your work than it should. What can you do to become more proficient?
- The frustration of that angry customer gets to you. You get flustered and you get defensive, and the next thing you know you’re in a 10-minute conversation that never seems to go anywhere. What can you do to manage your own emotions better?
We’re always going to have challenges. We are human, and the people we work with are human, as well. The systems that we work with are FAR from perfect, too!
Identify 1 or 2 of the challenges that cause you heartburn. Then determine 1 or 2 actions you can take so that these situations happen less frequently or you’re more effective at dealing with them in the future.
Challenges create opportunity. Be one of the people that creates change.
Signup for FREE Tips! Contact Us More Resources for You Visit Our Home Page