In keeping with this theme, here’s a benchmarking exercise for you. Let’s look at the “A-Z Fan Guide” from a sports organization. One of our pro basketball clients creates this Guide every year for its fans. It’s a pocket-sized document (also provided in “e-form”) that is given to key fans and employees who work with the fans.
These are some of the topic areas:
- Event/Game Schedule.
- Contact Information for Corporate Offices and Customer Service.
- Arena Policies.
- ATM Machine Locations.
- Program/Product/Merchandise Overviews and Contact Information.
- Information on Broadcast Partners (e.g., television and radio).
- Concessions – Options, Descriptions, and Locations.
- Arena Map.
- Guest Conduct Overview.
- Account Holder Management Website Information.
- Parking Locations, Access, and Cost.
- Free Promotions.
- Season Ticket Holder Express Lines and Other Benefits.
Essentially, it’s a combination of educational and promotional information all in one good looking, convenient package. It addresses processes, products/services, promotions, personal contact information, policies, perks, partners, and the physical location. Now think about how this could apply to your business.
What would you share with your clients to educate them on the best experience they could have with you? What promotional options would you mix into this tool? To whom would you provide such a tool? In other words, who would benefit most from one key tool to best navigate your organization and utilize your products and services?
Learn from the pro sports “A-Z Fan Guide” to best educate and inform your customers.