It’s a “Moment of Truth.” That’s a phrase used in customer service to typically describe when we’re one-on-one with the customer, and how we react or respond or engage the customer in that situation is make or break.
Do we build a relationship through our actions or tear it down? Do we engender loyalty or drive the customer away? Do we create “Raving Fans,” or do we develop detractors?
When we view that “Moment of Truth” phrase in these terms, it can seem ominous. It can create pressure. It can cause us to focus on “not doing something wrong” in that moment, causing you to hold back or do little proactively.
To help us get in a Success Mindset, let’s view every one of these moments as an opportunity:
- It’s a chance to get customers to love your organization.
- It’s a situation that could create positive word-of-mouth.
- It’s a chance for you to convey you care about someone.
- It’s an opportunity to make someone smile.
- It’s a moment that will set your business above competitors in the mind of this individual.
- It’s a chance to help this person to feel valued.
- It’s one of those moments where we can flip anger to appreciation.
- Instead of “making a sale,” it’s an opportunity to “make a customer.”
Don’t let the importance of the customer service Moments of Truth overwhelm you and cause you to hold back.
View every moment as an opportunity.